For the lighting industry composite materials are an ideal fit. CME has been a supplier and innovator to this industry for more than 15 years.
CME has approved formulations specifically designed for lighting applications; formulations can also be customised to suit project specification.
For new product designs, CME supports lighting manufacturers with prototyping and first part fabrication. Our engineering and R&D laboratory is available to assist your team with evaluation, testing and certification of material options that will result in the performance target you require. Our engineering team can also support re-designs and engineering changes, bringing to bear the latest material, process, environmental and other factors that are relevant to your objectives.
- Explosion-Proof Lighting
- Street light housing
- Automotive head lights
Benefits of Composites
- Strong, durable, and structural – can be consolidated with adjoining steel parts
- Lightweight – weight reductions of around 25 percent
- UV protection – can be painted
- Fire retardant – can be formulated to meet a large number of electrical standards
- Part Consolidation – reduces the number of assemblies, moulds complex shapes
- Same coefficient of thermal expansion as steel
- Can be vacuum metalised
Value Added Services
- Material Innovation and Customisation
- Project management
Quality and Other Certifications