For the lighting industry composite materials are an ideal fit. CME has been a supplier and innovator in this industry for more than 15 years.
CME has approved formulations specifically designed for lighting applications; formulations can also be customised to suit project specification.
For new product designs, CME supports lighting manufacturers with prototyping and first part fabrication. Our engineering and R&D laboratory is available to assist your team with evaluation, testing and certification of material options that will result in the performance target you require. Our engineering team can also support re-designs and engineering changes, bringing to bear the latest material, process, environmental and other factors that are relevant to your objectives.
• Explosion-proof Lighting
• Street light housing
• Automotive headlights
• Down lights
Benefits of Composites
• Strong, durable, and structural
• Lightweight – weight reductions of around 25 percent
• UV protection – can be painted
• Fire retardant – can be formulated to meet a large number of electrical standards
• Part Consolidation – reduces the number of assemblies, capability to mould complex shapes
• Same coefficient of thermal expansion as steel allowing consolidation with adjoining steel parts.
• Can be vacuum metalized
CME Value Added Services
• Material Innovation and Customization
• Project management
Quality and Other Certifications